Three individuals have reportedly been charged for their alleged roles in connection with recent celebrity Twitter hack.
WFLA News Channel 8, have identified Graham Clark, a 17-year-old teenager from Florida as one of the masterminds behind the hacking of the Twitter accounts of famous celebrities.
Graham, along with Mason Sheppard, a 19-year-old Brit who went by the nickname Chaewon and a 22-year-old Florida-based Nima Fazeli, nicknamed Rolex, targeted over 130 accounts but managed to take over 45.
— Ryan Hughes (@WFLARyan) July 31, 2020
Their combined activity led to bogus tweets being sent out on July 15 from the accounts of celebrities like Kanye West, Kim Kardashian West, Bill Gates, Barack Obama, Joe Biden and many others.
Twitter said the hackers used a phone to fool the social media company’s employees into giving them access to accounts.
Clark was arrested on Friday in Tampa and will be prosecuted under state law. He faces 30 felony charges, according to a news release.
19-year-old Mason, was charged with carrying out the hack, as well as other related wire fraud and money laundering crimes, while Nima Fazeli 22, was charged with aiding and abetting, according to a Justice Department statement.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.08.13Ruth Kadiri: “We should abolish voting in Nigeria until death sentence laws are given to politicians”
- Football2020.08.13Son’s pulsating solo goal against Burnley wins EPL Goal of the Season [Video]
- Politics2020.08.13Twitter users drag Fani-Kayode for posting a shaggy image of his daughter
- Politics2020.08.13Omokri unearths a video of President Buhari accusing Goodluck Jonathan of incompetency