Boko Haram fighters on Friday 25th Sept 2020 ambushed the convoy of the executive Governor of Borno State Babagana Zulum on their way to Baga town.
More than a dozen of security personnel comprising eight policemen, three soldiers and four Civilian-JTF personnel were murdered while several others were seriously injured.
The convoy was on their way to Baga town ahead of government’s planned return of internally displaced persons from Maiduguri when the incident took place.
However, It was that the governor was not part of the convoy as he travelled by helicopter.
The attack comes barely two months after the same sect waylaid the governor of the state on his way to the same Baga town and at least five persons including three policemen were killed in the incident.
Borno State has become the base of the terror group linked to the Islamic State’s West Africa Province and has unleashed hell on the lives of people living in Borno ever since it’s emergence.
The group has gained notoriety for mass hostage takings and the extensive use of children and women as suicide bombers.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: Eucharia Anunobi Rain Curses On Doris Ogala For Saying That Uche Elendu Lied About Her Vandalised Store
- News2020.10.27Abia State Gov Declares A General Cleanup Exercise From 8am-3pm Today.
- News2020.10.25‘Free Food’ – Looters Shout As They Cart Away COVID-19 Palliative In Adamawa Warehouse (Video)
- Politics2020.10.25“Our Lifestyle Is Provoking the Youths” – Rochas Okorocha Warns Other Senators