Terror group Bokoharam on Wednesday waylaid and opened fire on the convoy carrying the executive governor of Borno State Babagana Zulum.
According to a security source, the governor was on his way to some internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in the northern part of Borno when the incident occurred.
“The governor went to Kukawa, and on his way to Baga his convoy was attacked. Nobody was injured,” the source said.
The moment was captured and shared in social media, Watch Video Below:
VIDEO: How Borno gov's security operatives foiled the attack on his convoy pic.twitter.com/no3M6Pykom
— TheCable (@thecableng) July 29, 2020
This is not the first or second time such attack is being carried out on government convoy in Borno State.
Three months ago, at least five people including three policemen were killed after the terror group linked to the Islamic State’s West Africa Province ambushed a convoy carrying the former governor of the state Ali Modu Sheriff along Maiduguri-Damaturu Highway.
In February 2019, bokoharam laid a deadly attack on a motorcade carrying the immediate past governor of the state Gov. Kashim Shettima when he was traveling from the state capital of Maiduguri to a campaign rally in the village of Gamboru, the attack left three people dead.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Entertainment2020.08.14Burna Boy’s ‘Twice As Tall’ Is Album Of The Year – Diddy
- Entertainment2020.08.13See What A Nigerian Woman Said About Ronaldo That Caused Frenzy On Twitter
- Celebrity2020.08.13The Future Of Hollywood Is Right here! Keep Making Magic – Netflix Surprised Ikorodu Bois With Electronics Gift.
- News2020.08.12Terrible: Mother, Daughter and a Newborn Baby Died in Fatal Car Accident