The list of names of members of the House of assembly who got NDDC contracts have been listed by Godswill Akpabio The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs.
Last week, Akpabio while appearing before the House of Representatives Committee on NDDC, investigating financial malfeasance in the Commission, insisted that 60 percent of NDDC contracts were awarded to federal legislators.
Reacting to the allegations, House of Representatives Speaker, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, had last week given Akpabio a 48-hour ultimatum to identify lawmakers that are NDDC contractors as he alleged during his testimony before the House Committee on NDDC.
However, a few hours after the expiration of the ultimatum, Gbajabiamila had signified the House’s readiness to head to court to seek the prosecution of the minister for criminal defamation.
Akpabio who is a former Governor of Akwa Ibom State and the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs however, released the list of lawmakers involved the alleged looting of funds from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in a document released to the public in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital on Sunday.
Senator Akpabio in the document listed, Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, representing Delta North senatorial district in the Nigerian Senate against 53 projects which included, Emergency Repairs of Asue Street, Owa Phase 2, Emergency Repairs of ldumuogbe Road via Ojemaye, Emergency Repairs of Otolokpo College Road, Otololkpo, and Emergency Repairs of Police lshu Ani Ukwu Road, Issele Uku.
“They also included Emergency Repairs of old Sapele Agbor Road, Obiaruku, Emergency Repairs of Ehwerhe Obada Road Agbarho Road, Emergency Repairs of Hon. Ifeanyi Eboigbe Street Boji Boji Owa/Goodwill Street, Owa Alero, and Emergency Repairs of Ahiama Okwu to Obuocha Okwu among others.
Also the Minister listed Mutu’s name against 74 projects which included various emergency road projects in Delta, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, and Rivers states.
“Other lawmakers that Akpabio listed projects against are, Senator Mathew Urhoghide (6), James Manager (6), Sam Anyanwu (19), and others simply identified as Ondo and Edo reps.”
In my own opinion, It is now clear that our country Nigeria is a total scam, a country where secretion of power and checks and balances are neglected.
May God help Nigeria.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Entertainment2020.08.14Burna Boy’s ‘Twice As Tall’ Is Album Of The Year – Diddy
- Entertainment2020.08.13See What A Nigerian Woman Said About Ronaldo That Caused Frenzy On Twitter
- Celebrity2020.08.13The Future Of Hollywood Is Right here! Keep Making Magic – Netflix Surprised Ikorodu Bois With Electronics Gift.
- News2020.08.12Terrible: Mother, Daughter and a Newborn Baby Died in Fatal Car Accident