Government of Madagascar on Thursday August 20, 2020 announced that it has fired their Health Minister Mr. Ahmad Ahmad.
According to a report by Channels Tv, the President of Madagascar, Andry Rajoelina decided to relieve Ahmad of his duty as part of a reshuffle in their health sector.
The former minister was guilty of promoting acontroversial herbal drink touted as a remedy for Coronavirus without proper consultation, either from the government or head of state.
However, since the outbreak of the virus in the Indian Ocean island which led Ahmad into seeking help outside country – something he initially spoke against, the President is allegedly infuriated.
Hence the announcement of a new list of ministers: “Jean Louis Hanitrala Rakotovao has been named new health minister,” cabinet secretary Valery Ramonjavelo told a press conference, without giving details about the change.
Meanwhile, the herbal drink, named “Covid Organics” or CVO remedy which was created from the Artemisia plant was launched at a ceremony in Antananarivo on April 20, 2020.
Samples of it was also distribution to various countries in Africa including Nigeria.
So far, Madagascar has recorded more than 14,000 infections, with more than 177 fatalities.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?