Apple is a juicy and crunchy fruit. It also has an awesome taste and it’s considered as one of the healthiest fruit. Its health benefits are so great.
Remember the saying;
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away“.
There are many varieties of apple like Fuji, Honey crisp, Crispin, gala.
The importance of apple includes:
1. They are Antioxidants –
As an antioxidant, it helps in preventing cancer. It has many nutrients and compounds in it that will help fight off cancer or reduce the risk of one. It helps to slow growing of cancer cells. It also helps to protect the lungs from oxidative damage thereby reducing the risk of asthma. It contains Flavonoid quercetin which regulates the immune system and lowers inflammation.
2. Apples are good for weight loss –
They are rich in water and fibre and help burn off calories. It has some nutrients in it that helps a lot in weight loss. The fibre can help slow digestion and make one full. It helps to reduce the effect of acid reflux and also helps in constipation and diarrhoea. Apple is also good to burn cholesterol.
3. They help in preventing heart diseases or damages
The fibre in apples helps reduce high cholesterol. The Flavonoid in it helps to reduce blood pressure. It acts as an antioxidant and prevents heart damages.
4. It helps in digestion
Apples are rich in fibre which helps indigestion. It also helps control diarrhoea and constipation.
- T. D. Jakes Daughter, Cora Jakes announces divorce with husband - January 25, 2022
- Ayesha Malik becomes first woman Supreme Court Judge in Pakistan (photos) - January 24, 2022
- Buhari has a bad energy – Reno Omokri Blames Buhari for Super Eagles Defeat (Video) - January 24, 2022