8 Ways to manage electric shock.
Electric shock is an injury to the body obtained from a direct contact of high – Voltage electrical energy.
Some causes of electric shock can be as a result of;
- Faulty electrical appliances
- Improper household wiring
The effects of electric shock include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Heart attack or
- Even Death .
Ways to manage the an electric shock incident;
- Do not touch the person because they may still be in contact with the electrical source.
- Turn off the source of electricity, use a non-conducting object made of wood or plastic to move the victim away from the source.
- Donot touch any burns
- Be 20feet away from the victim especially if the person was shocked by a high-voltage power lines that are still on.
- If the victim is still exhibiting signs of shock, elevate their legs and feet slightly.
- Avoid covering the burn with anything that will sick to the burn.
- Keep the victims warm.
- Avoid breaking blisters open if any.
The shocked victim should be taken to the hospital for a better treatment.
Read Also: 8 reasons why you should hug more often.
Electric shocks can affect a person who was not shocked originally, if proper precautions are not taken.
Electricity should be handled carefully!
Kindly follow us on TWITTER
- Meet three Nollywood celebrities that endorsed BBNaija’s Whitemoney. - August 4, 2021
- Breastfeeding positions for babies. - August 4, 2021
- Ese Brume’s past achievements before winning Nigeria’s first medal at Tokyo Olympics - August 4, 2021