8 reasons why you should hug more often.
Hugging has to do with our sense of touch. It doesn’t stop at allowing is to explore our physical world but creates a communication with others by creating bonds.
Touch is likely the first sense of sense we experience starting down the womb. From birth we enjoy the gentle caress of a mother and it’s benefit such as promoting the growth of brain cells.
Hugging is a relaxant and has calming effects.
Here are reasons why you should hug more often;
- Improves sleep
- Increase well being and pleasure
- It reduces reactivity to stress
- Lowers blood pressure: hugging releases the bonding hormone-oxytocin, which can lower blood pressure.
- Increases self esteem: This can be found in childhood especially, it inculcates sense of self worth and they grow with it to adulthood. When we are feeling down or unsure of ourselves a hug can transform that feeling.
- It enhances relationship: Hugging creates a feeling of safety and trust. In a relationship which hugging and touching are present tend to be stronger or last longer.
- Boost immunity: people under Stress are more susceptible to viruses. Hugging reduces stress and as such boost immunity.
- Good for your heart.
Please kindly follow us on TWITTER
- Meet three Nollywood celebrities that endorsed BBNaija’s Whitemoney. - August 4, 2021
- Breastfeeding positions for babies. - August 4, 2021
- Ese Brume’s past achievements before winning Nigeria’s first medal at Tokyo Olympics - August 4, 2021