Gas explosion is caused by the mixing of gas, from gas leakage with the air and when a flammable object is present, may lead to explosion.
Gas explosion has become rampant these days and proper precaution should be taken to avoid such incidents.
To avoid gas explosion:
- Kitchen or cooking area should be well ventilated to enable a good passage of air in case of gas leakage.
- Children should not be allowed to handle gas knob.
- Always keep gas in a vertical or standing position.
- Don’t drop, roll or drag gas cylinder.
- Gas cylinder should be stored away from sources of flammable material.
- Cylinder that contain flammable gas should not be kept in same building for other purposes.
- Connect the gas stove with the gas cylinder outside the main house.
- Avoid cooking inside your room incase of gas leakage.