Former Destiny’s Child star, Kelly Rowland has opened up for the first time about her past struggles with money.
The 39-year-old mother of one revealed in lengthy a discussion with pastor Erwin McManus, that she almost lost everything trying to keep up with a lavish lifestyle.
Kelly was asked in the video interview why she seemingly shows much commitment to acts of generosity and her response was:
“I watched my mum be a generous person. I watched her give her very last. I watched her give with faith, and I would be thinking ‘Where am I gonna eat?!'”
The ‘Motivation’ singer however admitted that she was quite different from her mother even when she had a lot.
“Even going through my own time where there was a lot of – no one will believe this and it’ll actually be the first time I talk about it – where I almost lost everything because I was so busy trying to keep up.
“Whether it was the look, whether it was the wardrobe, whether it was the car, whether it was the place, whether it was the – you know what I mean? All that silliness.”
“You were rich-broke,” Erwin pointed out, as Kelly laughed: ‘Rich broke! Rich broke.
But, Kelly recalled she took an advice from her best friend, to give to others, despite not having enough herself.
After she gave some money away, the singer said: “Literally the following week, things just started to happen. Good things.”
Watch the video below:
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?