Beyonce has called for the prosecution of three police officers Involved in the fatal shooting of Taylor Breonna.
In an open letter addressed to Kentucky Attorney General (AG) Daniel Cameron on Monday, the if I were a boy hitmaker called for criminal charges against the three police officers who shot and killed Breonna Taylor.
“Your office has both the power and the responsibility to bring justice to Breonna Taylor, and demonstrate the value of a Black woman’s life,” the singer wrote in the letter, published on her website.
She also requested that the investigators handling the case to be to transparent while investigating the Louisville Metropolitan Police Department.
Taylor’s death and the killing of George Floyd has sparked outrage in Louisville and across the country, with protesters demanding for police Reform Bill in Louisville and across the country.
“Breonna’s Law” has since been passed, banning no-knock search warrants. But it isn’t enough, Beyonce said.
“These small steps in the right direction are painful reminders that there has still been no justice for Breonna Taylor or her family,” Beyonce wrote.
Beyonce also encourages readers to sign petitions by Color of Change and The Action PAC demanding that the officers who killed Taylor are fired. More than a million people have responded to each petition as of June 15.
“Don’t let this case fall into the pattern of no action after a terrible tragedy. With every death of a Black person at the hands of the police, there are two real tragedies: the death itself, and the inaction and delays that follow it. This is your chance to end that pattern. Take swift and decisive action in charging the officers. The next months cannot look like the last three,” she wrote.
Taylor, a 26-year old emergency medical technician, was shot on March 13 by three Louisville police officers who forced open the door into her apartment under a “no-knock” search warrant. Her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was arrested for shooting one of the officers in the leg when they entered, but the charges have since been dropped.
The three police officers Involved were placed on administrative reassignment pending the outcome of an investigation. The incident report said Taylor had no injuries and there was no forced entry, which the police department later blamed on technical errors.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Crime2020.09.19Police Arrests Two Pastors For Raping NYSC Member In Rivers State
- Video2020.09.18Lady Holds Aboki Man On His Shirt As She Begs For Sex On The Highway (Video)
- Crime2020.09.18Man Kills His Mother And 2 Children With Cutlass In Anambra (Photos)
- Religion2020.09.18NewBorn Baby Was Pronounced Dead By Doctors, But The Mother Cried To God And The Baby Came Back To Life (VIDEO)