A three-month-old baby named Rukayya, has been allegedly raped by an unidentified person in Adogi town of Lafia East Development area of Nasarawa State.
The mother of the child, Mrs Maimuna narrated that her daughter was taken away from her when she was asleep.
She further stated that the little baby was later found abandoned with blood all around her genital.
“I fell asleep only to wake up and Rukayya was nowhere to be found,” said Maimuna.
She also appealed for justice for her daughter and help with her medical treatment.
A close relative of the family, Mr. Yusuf also confirmed that the victim was raped and currently receiving treatment from the hospital.
He further appealed to well-meaning Nigerians to help seek justice for the baby and also assist in paying of the medical bills.
“No suspect has been arrested but human rights lawyers are willing to pick up the case,” said Yusuf.
“Three surgeries have already been performed on Rukayya but she still won’t be able to excrete.
“The Plateau state Teaching Hospital in Jos helped to perform the surgery without depositing an amount”
A three months old baby,named Rukayya brutally raped by an unknown individual💔💔💔💔. pic.twitter.com/FfdOp9UuZD
— call me when you feel sick💉💊 (@CocoMoneek) June 15, 2020
Meanwhile, Nansel Ramhan, a Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Nasarawa State Command said they are yet to get the report.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.07.08Yul Edochie and Omokri question the appointment of a northerner as EFCC chairman
- Football2020.07.08Super Eagles striker, Onuachu tests positive for Coronavirus
- News2020.07.08Photo: Job vacancy in Dubai exempts Nigerians from applying
- World2020.07.08China gives U.S. condition to involve in trilateral arm control