Most people are already familiar with the benefits of banana as a fruit and not the peel. Bananas contain fiber and other nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants.
Just as the fruit is beneficial, the peels are beneficial too. In some areas, it is eaten together with the fruit. Banana bowels can also be taken as smoothies, boiled, or added to meals.
Before you take the banana peel in whatever way you wish, be sure to wash it properly to get rid of tiny dirt or chemicals that may be present on the banana peel.
Here are surprising benefits of banana peels:
1. As skin care:
- Rubbing banana peels on the skin helps to beat skin wrinkles
- Use as moisture to hydrate skin
- Placing banana peels on closed eyes helps reduce puffiness.
- You could rub it on acne scars to make them fade.
2. Hair health: Banana peels are added to most hair masks. It will make your hair softer and shiner.
Read Also: 4 Risks of consuming too much ginger
3. First Aid: Banana peels have antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that help heal wounds.
- You may need to press it against a sunburn or bug bite.
- Use banana peels to reduce headaches. This can be achieved by placing banana peels on your forehead.
4. Household detergent: You could use banana peels to polish silverware.
See Also: 10 ideal fruits for diabetic patients
5. Teeth whitening: Banana peels antibacterial properties against bacteria that may be harmful to the teeth. Rubbing banana peels directly into the teeth may also help whiten the teeth.
Visit newsblenda.com for more health tips