Three people have been confirmed dead while three others were seriously injured in a stabbing incident in the British town of Reading on Saturday.
Police said the attack is not being treated as a terrorism-related, however, the motive for it is unclear.
A 25-year-old man from Reading, who was not identified by authorities, was arrested Saturday. Police said the man was detained at the scene on suspicion of murder and authorities are not searching for other suspects.
Matt Rodda, the member of parliament for Reading East, said the attack was shocking and happened in “a busy park in a beautiful historic part of the town” close to “the ruins of Reading Abbey and Reading jail,” both of which are historic buildings.
“This is something that’s quite unheard of in Reading and I should just say that I am thinking about those who are affected and that this is quite a shocking and very sad development in our town,” he said.
The incident came hours after a Black Lives Matter demonstration at the park, according to police sources, but they said there was “no indication” that the attack was linked to the protest.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Celebrity2020.10.01John Legend’s Wife Chrissy Teigen Suffer Pregnancy Loss
- Celebrity2020.09.30DJ Cuppy Hit 6 Million Followers On Instagram
- Religion2020.09.30What Is Odumeje Trying To Tell Us When He Says, ‘Iam Not A Preacher Of Love’
- Celebrity2020.09.30Iam Not Attracted To Nengi Because Of Her Nyash – Laycon (Video)