Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen has reportedly emerged as a transfer target for Spanish giants Barcelona FC.
Coach of the LaLiga champions Quique Setien is said to be considering the 21-year-old Lille striker as replacement for underperforming French forward Antoine Griezmann.
According to Aaditya Sibal of Everything Barca, the Catalan club wish to get Osimhen to fill the spot of Griezmann, who could be out of the Nou Camp in the summer transfer window.
The Nigerian frontman is also considered as an “alternative” in place for Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martinez, who has been the club’s top transfer target.
“Quique Setien could try to sign the Nigerian international as an alternative to Lautaro Martinez, who the Catalan giants haven’t been able to sign as the club has a limited transfer budget due to the outbreak of the coronavirus,” Sibal wrote.
“Signing Osimhen over the summer will remove pressure from the attackers in the Camp Nou as well as give the budding striker a better chance to grow and develop into a world-class player as he would attain the opportunity to play alongside superstars such as Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.”
Meanwhile, Victor Osimhen’s chase would not be an easy on for Barcelona. According to James Westwood of Goal, the Lille Player of the Year have several top European clubs lining up for his services.
“The Nigerian frontman’s performances have not gone unnoticed among Europe’s elite clubs, with the likes of Juventus, Napoli, Liverpool, and Tottenham among those taking an interest in his services in recent months,” Westwood wrote.
“Napoli are reportedly leading the race for Osimhen’s signature, with the Lille star’s agent confirming he has already been in contact with the Italian giants over a potential move.”
In my opinion, Barcelona should go all the way for Osimhen. He’s the kind of striker that could instill fear in the opposition’s defence with his physical attributes. But what makes him special is his obsession for goals.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Football2020.08.14Messi tops Ronaldo to become World’s richest footballer
- Politics2020.08.13Ruth Kadiri: “We should abolish voting in Nigeria until death sentence laws are given to politicians”
- Football2020.08.13Son’s pulsating solo goal against Burnley wins EPL Goal of the Season [Video]
- Politics2020.08.13Twitter users drag Fani-Kayode for posting a shaggy image of his daughter