Premier League Champions Liverpool are reportedly keen on Lille striker Victor Osmihen, as the Nigerian international edges closer towards a move to Napoli.
The player and his entourage reportedly arrived in Italy yesterday night for talks with Gennaro Gattuso ahead of a potential transfer deal.
ESPN reportedly mentioned that Napoli are confident to secure the services of Osimhen and his Brazilian teammate Gabriel for a combined fee of €100 million.
The offer made by the Serie A club is reportedly split into €70m for Osimhen and €30m for Gabriel.
However, according to recent reports from French publication L’Equipe, Liverpool are ready to compete with Napoli for Osimhen’s signature, and the asking price ‘shouldn’t be a problem’.
Jurgen Klopp has already stated that the Reds would not be spending much during the summer transfer market due to the coronavirus.
‘We cannot spend millions and millions and millions because we want to or we think it is nice to do. We never wanted that,’ he said in an interview.
But the report adds that Klopp could be using claims that the club won’t make any big signings to make a late counter-offer for 21-year-old Nigerian.
Osimhen was very superb during the just concluded French season scoring 18 goals in all competitions with 13 coming from Ligue 1.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Music2020.10.30Download album: Wizkid – Made In Lagos (Zip File)
- Politics2020.10.30“I was emotional,” Desmond Elliot responds to viral video of him pushing for social media regulation
- Football2020.10.29Aribo, Etebo, Osimhen and others returns as Rohr announce Super Eagles list for Sierra Leone
- Football2020.10.29Read John Ogu’s response when asked if he was threatened to apologize to Nigerians