Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has finally emerged as the highest goalscorer in the 2019/20 Premier League season.
Vardy 33, finished the season with 23 goals, one clear of Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Southampton striker Danny Ings, both on 22.
In doing so, the England International became the oldest player to ever win the Premier League golden boot. He also became the ninth English player to win or share the Golden Boot.
Vardy came close to winning the boot during the2015/16 with 24 goals, but missed out to Harry Kane who had 25.
He would have had a chance to increase his goal tally on the final day of the league but Manchester United had the upper hand with a 2-0 win at the King Power stadium.
Leicester also missed out on a Champions spot after finishing outside the top four with 62 points, four behind Chelsea. But a place in the Europa League wouldn’t be a bad idea though.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?