Two greatest footballers of all time – Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi could play in same team if an audacious plan of former Argentine International Carlos Tevez materializes.
Tevez who was among the few privileged footballers to have played alongside the fantastic duo, is hoping to get them together as teammates in his star-studded testimonial match.
According to a report by MARCA, Tevez who currently plays for Boca Juniors in his home country, is organising a testimonial match which will feature some of his great teammates.
He mentioned some of them in an interview with Radio La Red in Argentina.
“If I had to assemble the team it would consist of [Gianluigi] Buffon, Hugo Ibarra, Rio Ferdinand, Gabriel Heinze, Patrice Evra, Andrea Pirlo, Paul Scholes, Paul Pogba, Cristiano [Ronaldo], Leo Messi and Wayne Rooney.”
The 36-year-old forward also hinted that he would like to return to West Ham when his contact with Boca expires.
“I leave all possibilities open [about my future], as I do not want to be a slave to my words,” he said.
“Of course, in Argentina [there’s] only Boca [for me]. But I would like to return to West Ham to be applauded for six months.
Carlos Tevez spent two successful years playing alongside Ronaldo at Manchester United and was a regular for Argentina with his countryman Messi.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Football2020.07.09Manuel Pellegrini appointed as Real Betis manager
- Politics2020.07.08Yul Edochie and Omokri question the appointment of a northerner as EFCC chairman
- Football2020.07.08Super Eagles striker, Onuachu tests positive for Coronavirus
- News2020.07.08Photo: Job vacancy in Dubai exempts Nigerians from applying