Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen is currently valued more than football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
According to the latest biannual report published by Football Observatory, the Lille youngster sits ahead of Ronaldo and players like Carlos Casemiro, Paul Pogba, Marc-André ter Stegen in top 100 player values in Europe’s big five league.
The 21-year-old striker is place at 58th position with an estimated market value of £57.3M (€64.3 million), while 35-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo occupies the 61st position with £56.0M (€62.8 million) market value.
Osimhen’s compatriot Wilfred Ndidi is another Nigerian to make the list with an estimated market value of €49.5M. Indeed both players have been spectacular throughout the season, little wonder they appear on the list.
Meanwhile, Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe remains the most valuable player in Europe with a massive estimated value of £231.1M, followed by Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling (£173.6m) and Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho (£159.7m).
Check the full list:
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.07.07Daddy Freeze claims Davido called him a ‘great prophet’
- World2020.07.07Another pandemic looms, as age-long bubonic plague resurfaces in China
- Football2020.07.07Victor Osimhen emerges as transfer target for Barcelona
- Football2020.07.06Barcelona President faces sanction for saying that VAR favors Real Madrid