Church etiquette shows the proper way to behave while in a particular place of worship as some religious sects may have different ways; the key is to show respect for the church and congregants and allowing yourself and others to focus on worship.
Some church etiquettes include;
- Avoid talking during sermons
- Park cars in designated areas.
- Avoid wearing heavy perfumes, excessive jewelry and make up.
- Stand when everyone is standing and sit when everyone is sitting.
- Avoid wearing big hats or anything else that can obstruct someone’s view.
- Always arrive early to Church.
- Avoid side talks in church especially during sermon.
- Avoid texting or talking on phone in church.
- Sleeping during church service is bad.
- Try to control your children.
- Dress modestly
- Show respect for the sanctuary (Furnitures, floor etc)
- Avoid entering and exiting during church service.
- Leaving before church dismissal.
- Be friendly to first timers and strangers.
In as much as we show respect and etiquettes in our different workplace, the church should not be an exception.
- 10 healthy tips for your feet - May 10, 2021
- Linda Ikeji, popular blogger reveals why she does not spank her son - May 10, 2021
- Nnamdi Kanu tells United States not to sell arms to Nigeria. - May 10, 2021