A team of professors from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria says it has found a cure for COVID-19.
Speaking exclusively with Daily Trust on Wednesday, one of the leading researchers, Professor Haruna Abdu Kaita, said the COVID-19 remedy was developed from local plants that are available in different parts of Nigeria.
This is coming few days after President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the importation of COVID Organics, a herbal syrup being fronted by Andry Rajoelina, the president of Madagascar, as both a vaccine for the prevention and cure of COVID-19.
President Buhari’s decision had attracted criticism from different quarters in Nigeria with the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria describing it as an insult on the country’s group of pharmacists, scientists, and researchers.
He said when the medication is made public, the herbs used would also be made public “for the sake of transparency.”
“We are not businessmen; therefore, we would not hide anything to the public.
“We will disclose all the plants we used in developing the medication.
“We will do this for scientists across the world to scrutinise our remedy and come up with any challenge; particularly regarding the safety of the medication.
“What I mean is that, everything we used will be made public for scientific scrutiny.” Kaita said the only thing that his team will not disclose is the proportion of different plants used in the production of the anti-COVid19
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Health2020.09.20Nigeria Records 97 New COVID-19 Cases, Total Now 57,242 With 1,098 Deaths
- Celebrity2020.09.20Beautiful Pictures From 2Baba’s Surprised Birthday Party (PHOTOS)
- Politics2020.09.20Atiku Says Obaseki’s Victory To End Godfatherism In Nigeria
- Politics2020.09.20#EdoDecides: Watch Dino Melaye Crazy Celebrations (Video)