Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has vowed never to leave his current People’s Democratic Party to switch allegiance to another party.
In a Interview with Channels Television flagship news and current affairs program Sunrise Daily, Wike pointed out several reasons why politicians move to other parties, but insists he would never do such.
“It depends on character, for me I cannot and I have never done it and I won’t do it,” he boldly stated.
According to the Governor, it doesn’t speak well on someone’s character when they move to another party. He stated that ‘some people move for protection’.
Citing an example with the ruling All Progressive Party (APC), Wike alleged that 70% of it’s members moved from PDP. He also claimed that part of the reason why they switched was to avoid getting probed.
Watch the discussion below:
— Channels Television (@channelstv) September 25, 2020
Wike further spoke on the recently concluded Edo State governorship election stating that large crowds during political campaigns does not validate how popular a political party or candidate is, but the interest of the people.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?
- Football2020.10.26Pogba vows to take legal action against The Sun for publishing fake news about his retirement