Former Nigerian President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has issued an important advice to re-elected governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki.
In a series of tweets on Sunday, Dr. Jonathan congratulated the incumbent Governor on his victory and commended INEC for conducting a successful election.
“I congratulate His Excellency @GovernorObaseki on his re-election as Edo State Governor,” he wrote. I also congratulate @inecnigeria for overseeing a process that allowed the votes of the good people of Edo to count.”
Goodluck Jonathan also made a powerful claim that elections in Nigeria and most African countries are not credible.
“Democracy can only be consolidated to promote good governance in our nation and continent when our elections become credible, transparent and truly represent the wish of the voters.”
Finally, he advised Governor Obaseki to ensure that he governs the people of his state without any partisan bias.
“Through their ballot papers, Edo people have spoken in favour of Governor Obaseki. He should therefore rise above partisan politics and govern for the good of all. – GEJ”
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?