President Muhammadu Buhari has finally nominated Mrs Monica Dongban-Mensem as President of the Court of Appeal.
This was disclosed in a statement released on the President’s official Twitter handle today Monday June 8, 2020.
The statement reads:
“I have sent the nomination of Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem, Acting President, Court of Appeal, to the Senate for confirmation as President, Court of Appeal, in line with the recommendation of the National Judicial Council.”
I have sent the nomination of Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem, Acting President, Court of Appeal, to the Senate for confirmation as President, Court of Appeal, in line with the recommendation of the National Judicial Council.
— Muhammadu Buhari (@MBuhari) June 8, 2020
Monica Dongban-Mensem was the Acting President of the Court of Appeal, prior to her full appointment.
According to a presidential, there was an initial delay in her appointment because relevant security agencies were not able to conclude her screening.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.19Video: Watch what Oshiomhole did before casting his vote
- Football2020.09.19Nigerian youngster breaks Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga record
- Entertainment2020.09.18Controversial lady diabolically call Ned Nwoko to make her his 8th wife (Watch Video)
- Lifestyle2020.09.18White woman reveals what Nigerian women will never do