Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, has taken to social media to congratulate Edo State governorship aspiring Godwin Obaseki for joining the People’s Democratic Party.
Obaseki, an incumbent Governor of the state was reportedly disqualified from participating in the primary election as a result of issues relating to discrepancies in his certificates.
He was also said to be at political war with the APC’S National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.
Earlier today, the former APC candidate announced that he would be switching allegiance to PDP.
He wrote via twitter:
“I have officially joined the @OfficialPDPNig to advance my ambition to seek re-election as Governor of Edo State.”
Responding to the tweet, Atiku who was a Presidential aspirant, sent his congratulatory message to the governor, assuring him of support from the people of Edo state.
He wrote on his official Twitter page:
“Congratulations, @GovernorObaseki on joining our party, @OfficialPDPNig—the truly people’s party. I am confident that the people of Edo State will be the better for it. You are indeed coming aboard a repositioned PDP that promotes good governance for the benefit of Nigerians. -AA”
Meanwhile, Atiku had previously stated that Governor Obaseki is welcome anytime he decides to announce publicly to join the PDP and his switch from APC to PDP will be an addition to the PDP family.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.07.07Daddy Freeze claims Davido called him a ‘great prophet’
- World2020.07.07Another pandemic looms, as age-long bubonic plague resurfaces in China
- Football2020.07.07Victor Osimhen emerges as transfer target for Barcelona
- Football2020.07.06Barcelona President faces sanction for saying that VAR favors Real Madrid