Banditry in Niger State took a different dimension on Monday night when raiders attacked Nakudna Village, Galadima Kogo under Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State. killing one person.
Over 1,000 cattle were rustled from the community by the bandits who the people said numbered about 100 in an unspecified number of motorcycles.
Many people were injured in the attack by the raiders who invaded the town, shooting sporadically and brandishing dangerous weapons.
During the attack that lasted for hours, most of the villagers ran into the bush for safety.
Hundreds of people have been killed by bandits across most parts of Northern Nigeria in recent weeks, rendering hundreds of families homeless and resorting to begging for food and water for survival.
One eyewitness whose identity was not revealed for security reasons said;
‘I am sure the cows they carried are over 1,000 because they pack all the cows in the communities. They spent over three hours in that operation.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Entertainment2020.09.27Is Official! Laycon Emerges As The Winner Of 2020 Edition Of Big Brother Naija Lockdown (VIDEO)
- Entertainment2020.09.27#BBNAIJA: Nengi emerges 2nd runner up
- News2020.09.27The Moment Nigerian Adesanya Knocks Out Costa To Retains World Middleweight Title (Video)
- Celebrity2020.09.27Regina Daniels Releases Breathtaking Pictures On Instagram