A tragic event took place at Felele area of Lokoja, Kogi State Capital, on Wednesday, as a tanker conveying several tons of petrol exploded in the vicinity.
According to the statement of an eyewitness, thetanker lost it’s control and collided with oncoming vehicles before it exploded. The tragic incidence took place at about 8:00 a.m.
In a video clip uploaded on Instagram, the dark smoke emanating from the explosion was as thick as the clouds and very massive.
Watch the video:
Though the exact extent of the damage has not fully been ascertained, PREMIUM TIMES however reported that not less than 10 persons have been confirmed dead. It also stated that some of the victims included Kogi polytechnic students and a primary school pupil.
Several vehicles, properties and other valuables were also set ablaze by the intense fire.
Also Read: What caused the explosion in Beirut Lebanon?
The fire service initially delayed, but are currently on top of the situation to limit the disaster.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?
- Football2020.10.26Pogba vows to take legal action against The Sun for publishing fake news about his retirement
- Celebrity2020.10.26Celebrities react to another video of Babatunde Fashola doing detective work at Lekki Toll-Gate