THE U.S. MILITARY HAS DECLARED A PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY AT ITS ONLY PERMANENT BASE IN AFRICA AS CORONAVIRUS CASES IN HOST COUNTRY DJIBOUTI CLIMB NEAR 1,000.
A statement calls the declaration a precautionary measure and says it affects all personnel, including contractors, at Camp Lemonnier and Chabelley Airfield.
The emergency means any facility can be repurposed for the virus response and health workers can be supplemented with volunteers. More than 4,000 U.S. personnel are based in the Horn of Africa nation.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Entertainment2020.09.27Is Official! Laycon Emerges As The Winner Of 2020 Edition Of Big Brother Naija Lockdown (VIDEO)
- Entertainment2020.09.27#BBNAIJA: Nengi emerges 2nd runner up
- News2020.09.27The Moment Nigerian Adesanya Knocks Out Costa To Retains World Middleweight Title (Video)
- Celebrity2020.09.27Regina Daniels Releases Breathtaking Pictures On Instagram