Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari will commence the construction of the AKK gas pipeline (the biggest gas pipeline project in the country), next week.
This was disclosed in a statement by the President’s Personal Assistant on New Media, Bashir Ahmad, via his twitter page.
“President Muhammadu Buhari will again, make a history as the $2.8 billion 614km Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) natural gas pipeline, a single biggest gas pipeline project in Nigeria’s history will kick off next week, after months of holding talks in and out of the country”
According to Ahmad, the 614km Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) natural gas pipeline project will push Nigeria’s power generation capacity to more than 10,000MW.
The project is also expected to deliver 3,600MW of power in the country.
Nigeria’s finance minister Zainab Ahmed announced earlier this year that the government will back the construction of the $2.59 billion AKK gas pipeline with a sovereign guarantee.
The sovereign guarantee will cover 85% of the project’s cost, funded by a loan facility obtained from Chinese lender Sinosure. The remaining 15% will be covered by state oil company NNPC.
The pipeline will enable Nigeria to produce gas instead of flaring it. The infrastructure will cross seven major rivers and ten major roads, according to the government.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Science2020.10.01Watch this amazing video of the second largest fish in the world
- Celebrity2020.10.01Alexx Ekubo surprises his mother with a car gift (Video)
- Celebrity2020.09.30Fans mock Regina Daniels after sharing a picture with her husband and son
- Celebrity2020.09.30Rechael Okonkwo still looks beautiful after going bald, check out these recent photos