Thieves can find your house as an easy target if you do not take strong security measures in protecting your home.
Every area in your house needs protection, even the areas you think are insignificant.
Most importantly, you need to protect your home from areas that will not be easy to mark for theft.
Thiefs or Bulgars do not steal from a house that will take them a lot of time to break into.
They would rather steal from an easy-to-break in-house than a house with strong security.
Here are ways to keep your house from theives.
1. Keep valuables out of sight
You make your house easy for Bulgars in break-in when valuables are in sight. No sane person would want to risk his life over a worthless item.
But when they know that there is a valuable item, then they’ll go for it.
2. Install security devices
CCTV and alarm locks are not just for luxury. People use them to tighten security in the home. If you are installing a CCTV,.nake sure that significant corners of your house have a camera.
If possible, your security cameras should be hidden, to avoid thieves tampering with them.
Also, alarm locks can alert the presence of a thief in your home, who would want to force it open.
And be sure that your security devices are functioning.
3. Avoid trimming trees and shrubs near windows or fences
They could be an asset to thieves who would find it easy to get into your house.
Plant trees far from fences or windows. Don’t make it easy for burglars to get in.
4. Keep security lights at strategic points
Have bright lights mounted on the exterior of your house.
When there are bright exterior lights, theifs would find it difficult to get into your home.
5. Keep valuables out of easy sight. If your valuable paintings, silver collection, or home entertainment system are easy to see from outside the house, consider rearranging your furnishings to make your home less inviting to criminals.
6. Keep certain information secret
Don’t expose your house address to strangers. Do not announce your plans online or in public notices.
7. Don’t carry house keys on a key ring that bears your home address or leave house keys with your car in a commercial parking lot or with an attendant.
8. Don’t keep your keys in “secret” places outside your home where strangers can easily identify it.
Visit newsblenda.com for more updates.