Table etiquettes shows the accepted manner of eating and the use of utensils while eating.
It is necessary to know the socially accepted way to represent yourself while eating, especially when it involves a date or having to eat with a lot of people at the same time.
Having table etiquettes presents you as a well cultured person and gives you an edge above others.
Here are Table etiquettes you should know:
1. Always wash your hands before and after eating.
2. Learn to compliment on a food, especially if you were treated by a guest.
3. If you drop a food or drink on the table carefully use your napkin to clean it up and request for a new one.
4. Don’t blow your soup when It’s hit, stir it instead.
5. Be quick to cover your mouth with napkin when a burb is coming.
6. Don’t leave your spoon in your cup or soup bowl. Rest your spoon on the sauser or plate.
7. Avoid smoking cigarettes on a table.
8. Always eat slowly
9. Do not hunch your shoulders over your plate or chair.
10. Avoid sneezing, coughing and blowing your nose at the table.
11. Select a menu that you can pay for.
12. When eating avoid chewing loudly.
13. Avoid taking a drink on a full mouth.
14. Don’t talk while eating.
15. Always pass both salt and pepper together even if someone only asked for one.
16. Never lick your spoon or plate after eating.
17. Keep your phone away from the table while eating.
18. Hold your utensils properly.
19. Avoid talking and if you must do, it should not be in a full mouth.
20. If you want to leave the table, ask for excuse.
Learn table etiquettes and build your confidence.