Do you smoke? Have you ever imagine the kind of health hazards you are bringing upon yourself? Have you ever wondered Why every cigarette pack has the inscription, ‘Smokers are liable to die young?’ Read through.
Just because you see our celebrities smoke, doesn’t make it look like the coolest thing in the universe. Most tobacco companies use these celebrities to advertise and popularize smoking, making it look cool, and this massive marketing strategy is but one if the reasons why most youths are lured into smoking.
Reasons why people smoke abound. Some of which are.
- Peer pressure
- Availability of cigarettes
- Family Background
- As a stress buster
- Personal attitude
Smoking is never a cool act, and if you are a smoker, you need to stop now because you are constituting much more health hazards for yourself.
Below are the reasons why you need to stop smoking now:
1. Waste of money: Smoking leads to waste of money. It does not allow you to save. Smoking drains the pocket of a smoker because instead of saving up, you tend to use the money to purchase sticks and packs of cigarettes.
2. Cancer: Lung cancer is mostly associated with smokers. The smoke blocks your lung pipes and makes breathing difficult for you.
3. Heart diseases: Smokers have a higher risk of having to deal with diseases related to the heart including heart attack.
4. Bad breath: Smokers tend to give themselves out by their bad breath. It also affects one’s breathing.
5. Smoking leads to constant coughing and thereafter sore throat.
6. Smoking leads to gum diseases and it also stains the teeth.
In all, smokers are quite ‘liable to die young’, because smoking does not just sap one of his energy and resources, it gradually blocks and shuts down the body system, and this is why you should stop now!
For more health tips, visit Newsblenda.com