Breast Cancer Symptoms: How To Detect Early Signs.
Breast cancer is a cancer that forms in the cells of the breast.
It is most common among women and can be detected early through a mammogram before it spreads to other parts of the body cells. Breast Cancer usually begins in the gland that makes milk or the ducts that carry it to the nipple.
On the average, 1 out of 8 women will develop breast Cancer in their lifetime.
Breast cancer if detected early can be prevented by taking medications or surgery (mostly in the case of a lump).
Some of the symptoms are:
- New lump in the breast tissue
- Change in the size, shape or appearance of breast.
- Redness of the skin over the breast.
- Swelling of the breast
- Abnormal discomfort in the breast
- Retracted nipple.
- Abnormal nipple discharge.
About two- third of women 55 years and above are more prone to cancer while women from 34-54 years have lesser risks of having breast Cancer.
Follow Newsblenda on TWITTER
- Meet three Nollywood celebrities that endorsed BBNaija’s Whitemoney. - August 4, 2021
- Breastfeeding positions for babies. - August 4, 2021
- Ese Brume’s past achievements before winning Nigeria’s first medal at Tokyo Olympics - August 4, 2021