Menopause marks the end of a woman’s menstrual cycle and it’s usually diagnosed when a woman doesn’t see her period for about twelve months. It usually sets in between the ages of 40 and 50.
Here are 5 signs of menopause you should know:
1. Insomnia: Most women tend to experience insomnia during menopause, and this is often associated with hot flashes.
2. Hot flashes: Hot flash is a quick sensation of warmth felt in the upper body, usually around the face, neck and chest. This can last for up to 14 years.
3. Vaginal discomfort: Vaginal discomfort such as itching, dryness, tends to set in at menopause because the vaginal walls have become thin and dry due to the decrease in estrogen levels.
4. Emotional changes: Emotional changes varies from woman to woman. While some women tend to experience emotional changes like mood swings, anxiety, irritation, impatience during menopause, others don’t.
5. Low fertility: A woman’s estrogen levels gradually decrease as she hits menopause leading to low or no fertility.
Visit Newsblenda.com for more health tips.