Exclusive breastfeeding has to do with feeding your baby with only breast milk. Breast milk contains all the nutrients babies need including antibodies that protect babies against diseases.
Here are 5 reasons why new mothers need to breastfeed exclusively for 6 months:
1. It makes children have higher intelligence: According to research, children who are exclusively breastfed perform better in school, in intelligence test and even earn more money in future.
2. It prevents obesity: Kids who are exclusively breastfed tend to be better at regulating their food intake and thus stand a lower risk of obesity.
3. It reduces infant mortality: Feeding your baby with breast milk within an hour of birth is really important, as it protects the baby from infections and diseases, thereby keeping the people alive.
4. It protects the mother: Women who exclusively breastfeed their kids are less likely to get ovarian and breast cancer.
5. It also helps to space pregnancy: When a woman exclusively breastfeeds her baby for six months, her body releases a hormone which causes her not to menstruate, thereby preventing pregnancy.
Visit Newsblenda.com for more interesting updates.