American fashion and lifestyle magazine Vogue has released its annual list of most powerful women in the world.
The magazine sifts through hundreds of candidates to determine its list of most powerful women, judging each of them by their financial resources, media presence and spheres of influence or impact.
This year’s edition features a list of 25 selected “women of the moment who are leading us through 2020 with prescience, power and poise”.
It also seeks to highlight how, during the coronavirus pandemic, “as priorities shifted so did the spotlight”.
Surprisingly, Meghan Markle has for the first time since joining the Royal Family not made Vogue’s annual list. She appeared in the esteemed list in both 2018 and 2019.
Instead, Fenty Collection CEO Rihanna was featured alongside BBC Three’s Normal People star Daisy Edgar-Jones, Charlotte Tilbury and the Queen in the famous list.
Check out The Vogue 25 list in full
1 Anne Mensah, vice president of original series, Netflix
2 Asma Khan, chef
3 Bernardine Evaristo, novelist
4 Caroline Rush, chief executive of the British Fashion Council
5 Charlotte Tilbury, beauty innovator
6 Daisy Edgar-Jones, actor
7 Dawn Butler, Labour MP
8 Dr Jenny Harries, deputy chief medical officer
9 Emily Maitlis, broadcaster
10 Emma Revie, chief executive of The Trussell Trust
11 Florence Pugh, actor
12 Frances O’Grady, general secretary of the Trades Union Congress
13 June Sarpong, director of creativity diversity at the BBC
14 Liza Bilal & Naomi Smith, Black Lives Matter activists
15 Maria Balshaw, director ofTate
16 Michaela Coel, writer and actor
17 Munroe Bergdorf, model and activist
18 Nicole Jacobs, domestic abuse commissioner
19 Pippa Crerar, journalist
20 Prof Sarah Gilbert, vaccinologist
21 Rihanna, businesswoman
22 Rosh Mahtani, designer
23 Silvana Tenreyro, economist
24 Steph Houghton, footballer
25 The Queen
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?