Roxie Washington, the mother of late George Floyd’s six-year-old daughter Gianna has demanded for justice in an emotional speech she delivered during a virtual news conference on Tuesday.
In the video released by ABC news, Roxie can be seen speaking alongside her little girl and their legal team, sorrowfully asking for justice against those Minneapolis Officers that murdered George.
She began by saying:
“I don’t have a lot to say because I can’t get my words together right now. But I wanted everybody to know that this is what those officers took from…”
“At the end of the day, they get to go home and be with their families.”
Speaking of the impact of Floyd’s death on Gianna, she said:
“Gianna does not have a father. He will never see her grow up, graduate. He will never walk her down the aisle. If there’s a problem she’s having and she needs her daddy, she does not have that anymore.”
She tearfully concluded:
“He loved her, he loved her so much. I’m here for my baby,” “I’m here for George because I want justice for him, and I want justice for him because he was good. No matter what anybody thinks, he was good.”
Watch the video below:
This is the first time Roxie Washington made a public comment since the death of George Floyd on May 25 2020.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Football2020.07.14Report: Tottenham could sign Victor Osimhen in the next few days
- Entertainment2020.07.13Will Smith takes his wife to the Bahamas despite her recent confession
- Entertainment2020.07.13Kanye West reveals who told him to contest for U.S. Presidency
- Entertainment2020.07.12Nollywood’s Ini Edo gets political re-appointment