At least thirty seven people, including two new born babies were killed and eighty seven others wounded on Tuesday in two separate attacks on a public hospital and funeral ceremony in Afghanistan.
Two Babies And 11 mothers and nurses were killed in gun attack on maternity hospital in a Shiite neighborhood Afghan capity Kabul after an armed militants attacked the clinic.
Tariq Arian, a spokesman from the country’s interior ministry, confirmed the unfortunate incident, and according to him the three gunmen stormed the hospital premises and started shooting inside the maternity ward.
All the gunmen were killed after a 5-hour gun battle with Afghan forces, Arian added.
At least 24 people were killed in another separate attack on a funeral ceremony in eastern Nangarhar province while 70 others were injured provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said over the phone.
He also said that the death toll could rise as the condition of some of the wounded was “quite critical”.
At the moment no group has claimed responsibility for the attacks. The Islamic State group has repeatedly targeted Shiite people in the same region.
See More Photos Below:
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Celebrity2020.09.29I Have Feelings For Laycon – Nengi Confesses
- Celebrity2020.09.2910 Popular American Superstars Who Cannot Match Davido Instagram Record
- Celebrity2020.09.28Mercy Aigbe Signs New Endorsement Deal (Photos)
- Video2020.09.28Black Mum Withdrawn Her Daughter From Class After Her White Teacher Told Them That George Floyd Doesn’t Deserve To Be Honored (VIDEO)