As reported by Reuters, Republic of China on Friday April 24, 2020, sent a team of doctors to her Asian neighbors North Korea to help determine the health status of their supreme leader Kim Jong Un.
Earlier this week, rumors sparked by an anonymous source featured in the South Korea-based Daily NK outlet, spread that the North Korean leader was in ill health after undergoing heart surgery on April 12.
A Hong Kong Satellite Television subsequently reported that Kim Jong Un was dead.
Meanwhile, there has been no confirmation from U.S. sources at as regards to rumours of Kim’s death. A senior Pentagon official have disclosed that reports of his health is still being monitored.
“While the U.S. continues to monitor reports surrounding the health of the North Korean Supreme Leader, at this time, there is no confirmation from official channels that Kim Jong Un is deceased,” the official told Newsweek.
“North Korean military readiness remains within historical norms and there is no further evidence to suggest a significant change in defensive posturing or national level leadership changes.”
Kim’s last confirmed public appearance was on April 11, at a politburo meeting. It was his absence from April 15 Day of the Sun celebrations dedicated to his grandfather, North Korean founder Kim Il Sung, that first sparked speculation regarding his well-being.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.07.08A Two-Year-Old Girl Was Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Center
- Politics2020.07.07BREAKING: Kwara Chief Of Staff Has Passed Away After Contracting Coronavirus
- Stories2020.07.07Vietnam Miracle Baby Hold His Mother’s Failed Contraceptive Coil Out Of The Womb (Photos)
- Health2020.07.07No Face Mask, No Boarding Of Flights – FG Warns