A 30-year-old woman was saved from death by her breast implants after they deflected a dangerous bullet shot in the direction of her chest.
According to a report published in the Sage journal, the unnamed woman was walking down the streets of Ontario Canada when the shot was fired.
She only realised she had been shot when she felt “heat and pain” in her chest and saw blood when she looked down.
Then she was rushed to McLean Clinic in Mississauga, Ontario, where the implants was removed, and was treated.
Photographs taken by the surgeons show that the bullet went through the left implant and landed in her right implant.
Dr Giancarlo McEvenue, who wrote the paper, said the woman’s left breast implant subsequently must have “deflected” the bullet from her heart and saved her life.
“Clinical examination revealed a comfortable patient in no distress, with a single entry wound in the superior pole of the left breast…based on trajectory of bullet entry clinically and evaluation radiologically, the only source of bullet deflection of the bullet is the left breast implant.
“This implant overlies the heart and intrathoracic cavity and therefore likely saved the women’s life.”
The report also added that the only additional injuries the woman incurred was only a fractured rib.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.07.08A Two-Year-Old Girl Was Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Center
- Politics2020.07.07BREAKING: Kwara Chief Of Staff Has Passed Away After Contracting Coronavirus
- Stories2020.07.07Vietnam Miracle Baby Hold His Mother’s Failed Contraceptive Coil Out Of The Womb (Photos)
- Health2020.07.07No Face Mask, No Boarding Of Flights – FG Warns