The Nigerian police Garki command on Thursday interrogated the popular Nigeria singer Dapo Oyebanjo also known as D’Banj over allegations of rape leveled against him by Seyitan Babatayo.
The Koko Master was taken in for interrogation by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, Adaku Anya, at the Force Criminal Investigation Department, Garki Abuja, According to a report by PUNCH.
This is not the first time the music star is being interrogated, according to a police source, “D’Banj has been questioned twice at the FCID, Abuja. He was questioned last week and also this week. We will leave no stone unturned as we investigate the matter.”
D’Banj has denied the rape allegation and has demanded a public apology from his accuser Seyitan Babatayo and in addition to that, he wants N100m compensation.
Seyitan Babatayo early this month accused the Igwe hitmaker of raping her back in 2018.
On Wednesday, Babatayo released a press statement detailing how she was illegally detained for speaking against her alleged abuser.
In the statement, she revealed that she has officially filed a criminal complaint against the Koko Master.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.07.09Human Hair Thief Disgraced In Balogun Market (WATCH VIDEO)
- Stories2020.07.08A Two-Year-Old Girl Was Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Center
- Politics2020.07.07BREAKING: Kwara Chief Of Staff Has Passed Away After Contracting Coronavirus
- Stories2020.07.07Vietnam Miracle Baby Hold His Mother’s Failed Contraceptive Coil Out Of The Womb (Photos)