Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a root crop that is used for medicinal purposes and to give flavour to food.
Ginger is a good source of anti-oxidant and is used to help the brain and nervous system to control vomiting.
Ginger lowers blood pressure and sugar level and can be a good relief for menstral cramps, migraine and headache.
Amidst the health benefits of ginger, it still have side effects to the human health.
Mild effects of ginger causes heartburn, diarrhea and stomach discomfort to some people.
Side effects of ginger.
1. Pregnancy- avoid taking ginger close to pregnancy date to avoid the increase in the risk of bleeding.
2. Too much intake of ginger can worsen heart conditions.
3. It can slow blood clotting and might cause extra bleeding during and after surgery.
4. Ginger increases risk of miscarriages in pregnancy.
5. Excess ginger can cause heartburn.
6. Ginger can lead to stomach upset.
7. Diarrhoea- it increases the passage of food and stool through the intestine and causes unrest that often leads to weakness.
8. Ginger might affect the heart, those taking blood pressure medication should avoid ginger intake.
9. It affects in the upper digestive system and can cause gas and bloating.
10. Ginger can cause mouth irritation (oral allegory syndrome) it occurs when you consume certain foods. The symptoms are generally specific to the skin and mouth.