Shiba Inu (SHIB), the hottest meme coin in the market, alongside three other cryptocurrencies, including Solana (SOL), Polygon (MATIC), and Compound (COMP), appear to have been listed by the commission-free investing app Robinhood, website shows.
- SHIB, SOL, Polygon’s MATIC, and Compound’s COMP tokens were added to Robinhood Crypto, the platform’s crypto-focused trading platform.
- SHIB prices surged some 15% in the past hour, data from CoinGecko show. It is the second “memecoin” to be listed on Robinhood, alongside Dogecoin’s DOGE. COMP jumped 6.6%, MATIC added 3.5% and SOL 2%.
- The additions come after the company said last week it activated its crypto wallet for 2 million “eligible” customers, making digital asset transfers broadly possible in the long-firewalled investments app.
- Speculation circled last year around potential crypto offering additions from Robinhood, though CEO Vlad Tenev had told investors the company would await regulatory clarity before doing so.
- Robinhood already offered seven cryptocurrencies including bitcoin (BTC), ether (ETH) and dogecoin (DOGE).