A 34-year-old man, Ifeanyi Apusiobi in Ogbunike, Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State on Sunday reportedly killed his daughter and son.
He also inflicted injury on his father before neighbours intervened and rescued the 72-year-old man.
A resident who spoke with our correspondent said Ifeanyi surprisingly went berserk early morning on Sunday and attacked his children in their sleep and killed them.
“I can’t just say what happened to him. Maybe he took something that made him run amok. I can’t just say. It’s painful.
It was gathered that the suspect recently divorced the wife.
The Nigeria Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Haruna Mohammed confirmed the incident to our correspondent.
He said the incident happened at about 1am on Sunday.
He said the man killed the children, Chinecherem and Obinna with a wooden pestle in their sleep, adding ” he also injured his aged father on the head”.
He said the children were seven and five years old, respectively.
Mohammed said,” At about 1am on Sunday , police operatives attached to Ogbunike police station arrested one Ifeanyi Apusiobi, aged 34years of Azu Ogbunike in Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State.
“Suspect allegedly ran amok in circumstances yet to be ascertained and attacked two of his biological children namely Chinecherem Apusiobi( daughter) aged seven years and Obinna Apusiobi (son) aged five years with a wooden pistle on their heads while they were sleeping.
“Suspect equally used same object and injured his father one Dominic Apusiobi aged 72 years on the head.
The PPRO said police detectives visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical attention where the children were certified dead by a medical doctor while the aged father was responding to treatment.
He added,” Corpses were deposited at Isienyi hospital morgue for autopsy.Exhibit recovered and case transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department , Awka for discreet investigation
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Celebrity2020.10.01John Legend’s Wife Chrissy Teigen Suffer Pregnancy Loss
- Celebrity2020.09.30DJ Cuppy Hit 6 Million Followers On Instagram
- Religion2020.09.30What Is Odumeje Trying To Tell Us When He Says, ‘Iam Not A Preacher Of Love’
- Celebrity2020.09.30Iam Not Attracted To Nengi Because Of Her Nyash – Laycon (Video)