One of the count reads:
“ That you, M.V.Bount and Rahul Pathania, on the 31st day of January 2020, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable court, conspired among yourselves to commit an offence to wit: dealing in 45 metric tons of petroleum product without appropriate licence and you thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 3(6) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act Cap M17, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, and punishable under Section 1(7) of the same Act.”
In view of the charges leveled against them, the suspects pleaded guilty to the first count of conspiracy but not guilty on the others.
After considering the plea from the prosecuting council Usman Buhari to start the trial, Justice Aikawa adjourned the matter to October 7, 2020 for commencement of trial and also ordered the defendant to be remanded in the NCS.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Football2020.10.01Barcelona Beat Bayern Munich To Sign Dest From Ajax
- Celebrity2020.10.01John Legend’s Wife Chrissy Teigen Suffer Pregnancy Loss
- Celebrity2020.09.30DJ Cuppy Hit 6 Million Followers On Instagram
- Religion2020.09.30What Is Odumeje Trying To Tell Us When He Says, ‘Iam Not A Preacher Of Love’