Super Eagles towering striker Paul Onuachu has reportedly tested positive for Coronavirus.
According to recent reports by Het Laaste Niuews the 26-year-old Genk forward tested positive at his club base in Belgium and has gone for quarantine for at least one week.
The 6.7 feet striker will definitely not be available in Genk’s pre-season friendly tomorrow.
He may also not be featured in his team’s first game of the Belgian league season which will kick off next month after it was aborted last month due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Meanwhile, Onuachu wrote his name in Nigerian football history books on 26 March 2019, when he scored Super Eagles fastest goal within 10 seconds, in a friendly match with Egypt.
RELATED ARTICLES: Ighalo reveals the real reason why he ditched Super Eagles
That was his only goal so far the three-time African Champions in his very first game for Nigeria.
He has also made another history by becoming the first high-profile Nigerian football star to test positive for Coronavirus.
We wish him a very speedy recovery.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?