Cristiano Ronaldo’s hopes of winning a treble this season was dashed after Juventus crashed out of Coppa Italia final on Wednesday night.
Napoli defeated Juventus on penalties to be crowned Coppa Italia champions after playing out a scoreless draw in a game that was evenly contested.
Juventus controlled most of the possession but Napoli had the better chances as goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon made a series of difficult saves, until the shootout.
There was no extra-time in the game, as a precautionary measure for players still getting back into shape in only their second match of the restart.
Cristiano Ronaldo never had a chance during the game. He never had a chance even during the penalty shootout.
He was Juventus’ last penalty taker, but before it could get to his turn, Paulo Dybala has already had his shot saved while Danilo has also blasted high over the goal.
In the end, Napoli won the shootout 4-2, thereby winning its sixth Italian Cup.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.19Video: Watch what Oshiomhole did before casting his vote
- Football2020.09.19Nigerian youngster breaks Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga record
- Entertainment2020.09.18Controversial lady diabolically call Ned Nwoko to make her his 8th wife (Watch Video)
- Lifestyle2020.09.18White woman reveals what Nigerian women will never do