According to reports from Caslciomercato (via Besoccer.com), English Premier club Chelsea are planning to launch a €120 million ($136 million) offer for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Sources claim that Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is heavily in favor of the deal and would be key in helping the blues secure the massive bid.
However, getting the forward’s signature wouldn’t be a walk in the park. Ronaldo’s market value is estimated to be around $45 million.
Chelsea’s bid appears to be significantly higher than his current market value. Although Ronaldo is special, but paying such a huge amount for a 35-year-old player may not be a good idea.
Again, Ronaldo is still under contract with Juventus and reports claim that The Old Ladies doesn’t have any intention of letting him leave any time soon.
His current contract runs until 2022, which means Chelsea will pay a considerably higher amount to get him out of Italy.
Meanwhile, Chelsea will resume their quest for a place in the Premier League top four, when they visit Aston Villa on Sunday June 21, 2020.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.20Goodluck Jonathan issues important advice to re-elected Obaseki
- Football2020.09.20Gattuso showers praises on Osimhen after making his debut Serie A appearance
- Football2020.09.20Ekong, Chukwueze, Rasheedat and others model Nigeria’s home and away kits (Photos)
- Football2020.09.20Read what La Liga said about Samuel Chukwueze