According to reports from French media outlet L’Equipe, English Premier League champions Liverpool are prepared to persuade Victor Osimhen to sign a contract with them.
The report claim that the Reds have prepared a fresh bid of about £54million to get the signature of the Nigerian striker.
Jurgen Klopp is keenly looking to improve his attack and the Lille youngster seems to be his major target.
The striker had been in fine form for Lille before the end of the 2019-20 Ligue 1 season, scoring 13 goals in 25 starts and 2 in the Champions League.
Osimhen was believed to have traveled to Naples with his agent earlier this week to finalize talks with the Italian club.
However, sources have claimed that Napoli are willing to offer a fee worth 50 million euros for the 21-year-old striker, but Lille want around 60 million euros (£54million).
With Liverpool offering that same amount, Osimhen might be on his way to Anfield. But that could only be possible if the striker is assured of a regularly place in the team.
Meanwhile, La Gazzetta Dello Sport suggested that Liverpool are prepared to convince Osimhen to move to Anfield and be an important part in the squad.
It also mentioned that the club would like to use him as their first substitute for the dynamic trio of Salah, Mane and Firmino.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?