Super Eagles striker Paul Onuachu has reportedly recovered from coronavirus and would be available to compete against Excelsior in an exhibition match.
The news was recently confirmed in a statement by his club’s head coach Hannes Wolf.
“But Friday he [Onuachu] will just train with the group,” Hannes Wolf said.
“Paul can also compete against Excelsior on Friday in the exhibition match.” The other players and the rest of the entourage also tested negative”.
The former FC Midtjylland forward was said to have contracted the the deadly virus last week.
Newsblenda reported that the 26-year-old Genk forward was confirmed positive at his club base in Belgium and subsequently quarantined for at least one week.
The 6.7 feet striker missed Genk’s last training match but is expected to resume training with the rest of the players.
Paul Onuachu wrote his name in Nigerian football history books, when he scored Super Eagles fastest goal within 10 seconds, in a friendly match with Egypt last year.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.29Canadian Prime Minister captured jogging on the open streets. Can an African President do it?
- Celebrity2020.09.29Listen to Kiddwaya’s powerful speech during Brighto’s birthday party
- Celebrity2020.09.29Lagos State internal revenue has reached out to Laycon
- Lifestyle2020.09.28“Real men don’t pester women,” says Yul Edochie”